The Canyon School Early Learning Program offers 3- & 4-year-old children rich developmentally appropriate learning and play opportunities. Our Reggio-inspired program values every child as a strong, capable learner with an innate curiosity to understand their world.
Early Learning Program (Preschool)
Register Online for 2023-2024
If you have questions about the program or your child's eligibility, please contact the school at 403-627-3118.
- Honor the unique nature of each child
- Offer development in mind, heart, body, and spirit
- Include outdoor learning experiences
- Provide opportunities to play and learn through music, art, and movement activities
- Children need to be at least 3 years old on or before December 31st of the current school year to be eligible.
- Children are encouraged to be fully toilet trained with some exceptions made for children with identified developmental delays or medical needs. Please contact the school to discuss further.
- Programming is available for children accessing Program Unit Funding (PUF) or mild to moderate support.
- We are currently accepting registrations for children to attend a 3-hour program, either 2 or 4 days per week. The program will follow the school calendar.
- A minimum number of registrations are required.
- Bussing is not available for the Early Learning Program.
- Program: Monday-Thursday, 3 hours
- $75/month for children attending the 2 half-days/week
- $150/month for children attending the 4 half-days/week
Canyon Early Learning is a licensed program. As such, the Affordability Grant covers the entire $75 fee for ALL children attending our 2 half-day/week program. There is no paperwork on your end other than registering your child.
Should you wish your child to attend 4 half-days/week, please connect with us to learn about the available subsidy to cover the remaining $75 for an additional 2 half-days/week.
- Programming is overseen by a Certified Teacher. Children who may require additional support have access to a speech and language pathologist, occupational therapist, physiotherapist or other members of the Livingstone Range School Division Learning Services Team.
- We value parents and guardians as partners in their child's learning journey.
Developmental needs for students:
- If you think your child may have a delay or needs extra support, please contact Livingstone Range School Division Inclusive Learning Coach, Leanne Feller, at 403-625-3356 or firstname.lastname@example.org.